Hiring Project Manager for Extreme Photonics Innovation Centre (TIFR, Hyderabad)
As part of EPIC, we are looking for highly skilled, motivated candidate with a background in Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths, Engineering Physics or Computer Science to take on very challenging work to manage overall execution of projects on next-generation laser–driven accelerators.
MSc. (Physics), M. Tech. (Applied Optics) or B. Tech degree in any branch.
- Demonstrable previous experience of project-managing complex engineering/ scientific research projects.( 4 years or more)
- Excellent command of English - written and oral.
- A can-do attitude, with ability to think on feet.
- Able to discuss matters arising with individuals at all levels within an organization. Appropriate diplomatic skills to deal with project personnel of different nationalities and cultures.
Age is not a criterion, but preferably below 45 years.
Desirable qualifications/ Experience/qualities
- Advanced degree like Ph.D (science) or MBA etc.
- Understanding of laser and plasma technologies and their applications.
- Ability to grasp and work with complex technical issues.
- Ability to form and enhance the working of a project team.
- Able to undertake the roles of facilitator/ coordinator.
- Eagerness to continuously learn and upgrade knowledge and skills.
List of Duties / Responsibilities
- Managing the Project to agreed time cost and quality requirements.
- Coordinating with the project team to ensure that all aspects of the project are on track.
- Managing the project budget and optimizing the finances within annualized and any other budgetary constraints.
- Managing timely delivery of project deliverables and milestones which comprise the development of requirements and associated designs, procurement of hardware, integration of hardware, commissioning and, as necessary, eventual shipment of hardware to an end customer alongside the submission of written technical reports.
- Managing and negotiating the resources required to undertake the work within the management structure.
- Gaining and maintaining a sufficient understanding of the technical features of the project to permit assessment of progress.
- Managing changes and risks within financial constraints.
- Taking ownership of the project documentation and, through support staff, ensuring that it is kept current including the SharePoint document repository and associated document numbering system.
- Reporting to the Project Director and Project Board.
- Managing relationships with the customer, project team and STFC and TIFR senior management.
- Communicating with all project stakeholders.
- Issue resolution.
- Managing project meetings including the Project Management Committee, and Technical team meetings.
- Writing progress reports as required and contributing to technical reports.
- Ensuring buy-in and adequate technical and engineering oversight is achieved for the project, including ensuring adequate design, technical and safety reviews are conducted.
- Traveling as and when required to the UK.
Selection will be based on an online interview due to the prevailing pandemic. If the interview committee finds it necessary, an ‘in person’ interview may follow, provided travel conditions are normalized.
Minimum Pay: Rs 1,00,000 (consolidated)
Salary will not be constraint and fair and accommodating negotiations will be available to a deserving candidate.
Selected candidates will be expected to work beyond/outside what are considered ‘normal’ office hours/ and on Saturdays/Sundays/holidays as required by the project commitments
This position is for a period of 4 years only. Appointment may be terminated at any time during this period due to unsatisfactory performance/change in project tenure or any other unforeseen conditions, with a winding up period of one month. The appointee can also terminate the contract likewise.
Applicants working in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel.
NOTE: The candidates are required to upload/ email copies of the following documents
- Identity proof (Aadhar Card/ Election Card / Pan Card / Passport / Driving License).
- Date of birth / Proof of age.
- Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates).
- Experience Certificate/s.
In case Universities/ Board award letter grades/CGPA/OGPA, the same will have to be indicated as equivalent percentage of marks as per the norms adopted by the University/Board. In the absence of the same, the candidature will not be considered (While submitting original documents for verification, the candidates will have to produce the norms of the University/Board for conversion of grades/CGPA/OGPA to equivalent percentage of marks
Last Date for Application: 18th Jun, 2021