Are you a software/control system expert looking for a challenging yet highly rewarding project?
The Extreme Photonics Innovation Centre (EPIC) is a joint UK-India innovation initiative aimed at developing technology for next-generation accelerators using lasers. Funded by the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), this £4 million centre is jointly established between UK’s Central Laser Facility (CLF) and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). The CLF at the Science and Technology Facilities Council’s Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL), is a world-leader in the next- generation laser technology that can drive compact accelerators yielding bright particle and x-ray beams that, in the near future, can transform imaging capabilities in industry and medicine. TIFR has been pursuing the intense laser science over the past two decades and has unraveled many unique features in this field.
As part of EPIC, we are looking for highly skilled, motivated research engineers with a background in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering Physics or Computer Science to design and develop technologies for the next-generation laser –driven particle accelerators.
The successful candidates will undergo necessary training in the UK and the collaborative work will be done at TIFR, Hyderabad. The post holders will also be encouraged to engage with instrumentation/experiments at the high power laser labs in TIFR.
The main role of the successful candidate is to design and develop a proposal submission website for potential users of the UK-based Central Laser Facility. The website will need to provide workflow to support initial enquiries, proposal submission details such as staffing and access required, interface with other operational databases on site, and offer post-experiment statistics such as the number of users and home institutes. Development of the website will also need to accommodate operational enhancements and future support by a software development team.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are expected to have transferable experience building software applications and an understanding of the complete software development cycle.
Project Engineer: One Post – Temporary for one year and may be renewed each year up to a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology/Engineering/Science/Computer Application with a min 60% or equivalent CGPA.
- Min 3 years of commercial experience with Full Stack development, with a focus on Java Spring boot and Angular JS framework
- Experience with both Hibernate and native SQL, plus understanding of web services would also be ideal.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented principles and design patterns.
- Ability to design and develop secure RESTful API’s
- Solid understanding of front-end and back-end development principles.
- Working knowledge of writing unit testing, system integration testing and automated testing.
- Good understanding of modern software development life cycles such as requirement gathering, planning, software design & development, testing and deployment process and documentation
- Experience with Version Control System
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in an Agile environment with a remote team.
Must be able to travel to the UK occasionally.